On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Nicolas Silva <nical.si...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone interested in implementing WebAudio and/or WebRTC (in Gecko
> there's some overlap in the underlying infrastructure) should first
> spend some time discussing the architecture with Paul Adenot (look for
> padenot on irc). Having a competitive or even just decent WebAudio
> implementation is more complex than it looks, and Gecko's implementation
> had to go through massive rewrites before it got to a satisfying place.
> According to Paul it's not the kind of architecture one gets right the
> first time without some serious experience in audio engines.
> That said, it would be great to have a WebAudio implementation in rust,
> and I am sure the rust gamedev community would be thrilled to have
> something like this!

Right.

You'd really want to study the architecture of Gecko's implementation and
understand why it is the way it is before attempting this. You'd also want
to understand the architectural changes we're still planning to make. Paul
and I can help with this.

In Gecko MediaStreams and WebAudio are integrated into a single real-time
media graph (well, multiple graphs, one per logical output channel), which
has advantages but means you're designing more than just WebAudio.

If we did have a good WebAudio implementation in Servo it's one piece I
could imagine sharing with Gecko. But it's a lot of work to get to parity.

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto
lurpr