One thing that I've found pretty useful (at least when digging into the
history
of some Rust feature) is that the merge commits in both Rust and Servo
contain
the full contents of the pull request text (not comments, just the PR
message).
However, there still are "fixes #123" type PR messages since nobody wants to
retype what the issue says.

-Manish Goregaokar