I asked ekr how much this mattered, and he thought it was important. I
don't think anyone has pointed me to a documented attack, but it
definitely seems like the kind of thing that could be done somehow.

How we allocate domains to content processes is an open question. It's
not clear whether we want to segregate high value targets or low value
targets. But the infrastructure required is the same either way pretty
much. The only strategy we know won't work is round-robin/random,
since the attacker could just keep creating domains until they land in
the right process.

To be clear, I don't think there is very much code complexity here
over the normal 2 process (chrome + content) solution. We already have
to have process spawning and IPC. The only thing that changes here is
code to decide where to spawn new pipelines.

Implementation wise, we currently spawn a new process per script
thread. I think we should change this to spawn a single, sandboxed
content process that contains all the pipelines. Later we can expand
this once it's more clear how we should allocate pipelines to
processes.

jack.