Thanks for driving this, Fabrice! That sounds like a great outline. From
the VR side, indeed what we're basically looking for is full screen app
support and WAY better integration with the Android lifecycle model
(orientation changes, background/foreground/close, intent handling, etc.).
I apologize in advance for the massive pile of hacks that you inherited
from my attempts to just stand something up :-)

Previously, our challenges with glutin have mainly been around:
1) Architectural lifecycle assumptions about resources that don't hold on
mobile. e.g., being able to hold on to a graphics context that won't get
ripped out from under you and need to be replaced
2) A lot of code that lives in the "android glue" area needs to be made
parameterizable or completely replaceable, along with the build steps, in
order to support more complicated apps or libraries

It wasn't clear to me from conversations with tomaka that these were
non-starters, and much of the pushback we had received in the past was
(justifiably!) that the code needed to support more user scenarios and have
more examples and testing in place than I was interested in doing for
one-off demo work at the time.

That said, I suspect that we would basically need enough hooks for Servo to
do completely its own thing for integration with all the myriad native and
Java services on Android, and I don't know how desirable such hooks are for
glutin.
- Lars