Historically, figuring out when to use a major or minor version bump for any of the macOS bindings crates has been a fraught process because the rules are difficult to remember and the crates are all intertwined. I have put together https://github.com/servo/core-foundation-rs/wiki/Publishing-checklist to help reviewers keep track of the rules and follow a standard process to approving changes to crate version numbers. Please amend that document to include cases that I missed or clarify edge cases!

Cheers,
Josh