Dear friends with large codebases—

You are heartily invited to a DXR 2.0 pony show and design session next Friday
in Whistler, where we'll demonstrate the new abilities of this near-rewrite,
answer questions, and figure out what goes next on the roadmap.

For those not familiar with it, DXR is a code search and browsing tool that
indexes not only the text of your program but its structure as well, using data
exfiltrated from compiler or parsers. It's also one of the few engines out
there that will let you run arbitrary regexes across a large codebase in tenths
of a second.

We'll demo…

* Improved C/C++ analysis
* Multi-language support—Python and Rust, for starters
* Generic identifier search
* Image browsing
* Zero slow queries
* Independent, parallel tree indexing. (This will help us get all the trees
currently under MXR indexed.)
* A new plugin architecture so we can add new languages, query types, and cross
references easily
(https://dxr.readthedocs.org/en/es/development.html#writing-plugins)

Now that the infrastructure is solid, we can strike out in many interesting
directions. Come and campaign for what you want! Just a few ideas:

* Cross-project search
* Arbitrary boolean queries
* Search by color
* JS support