Both your root.cert and cacert.cert seem to have same serial number and issuer.
That is forbidden.

But even if your certs had unqiue serial numbers, I don't know whether NSS would be able to fetch that intermediate dynamically from the web. I doubt it.

Kai

Anders Rundgren wrote:
The following 3-level certificate hierachy works as expected when looking on it
in MSIE:

Root certificate: http://webpki.org/mozbug/root.cer  (to be imported)
Actual CA certificate: http://webpki.org/mozbug/cacert.cer (NOT to be imported
since the EE cert's AIA CAissuers URI points to this)
EE certificate and private key: http://webpki.org/mozbug/anders.p12 (Import and use
password "testing")

Using Mozilla FF (latest release on Windows) the built-in certificate viewer
says that the EE cert is untrusted even though Root was imported and edited as
trusted.

Are there any known problems with path building in the certificate viewer?  I
don't use Thunderbird so I could not tesr with e-mail.

Anders