Hi,

Kaspar Brand wrote:
>> signtool -d something -v testy.jar
>> archive "testy.jar" has passed crypto verification.
>>
>>           status   path
>>     ------------   -------------------
>>

>> This was done using signtool from NSS 3.11.5 on Linux.
>> So I wonder how it could pass the crypto verification?
>
> What are the contents of testy.jar exactly? Does it include the META-INF
> subdirectory with manifest.mf and zigbert.{sf,rsa}? Otherwise, the above
> message is simply what you get when checking an unsigned jar:

     5301  02-07-07 15:17   content/META-INF/zigbert.sf
     3469  02-07-07 15:17   content/META-INF/zigbert.rsa
     5193  02-07-07 15:17   content/META-INF/manifest.mf

are there. I can see all the filenames in that file with MD5 and SHA1
digests for them.

>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ unzip -l foo.zip
>   Archive:  foo.zip
>     Length     Date   Time    Name
>    --------    ----   ----    ----
>           0  02-09-07 06:46   foo.txt
>    --------                   -------
>           0                   1 file
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ signtool -d path/to/cert/db -v foo.zip
>   using certificate directory: path/to/cert/db
>   archive "foo.zip" has passed crypto verification.
>
>             status   path
>       ------------   -------------------
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$
>
> Maybe signtool's output is somewhat misleading in this case, but the
> files it really verified would appear in a listing like this:

ok, then nothing is verified?
Not better in the end but maybe I'm doing something wrong therefore
asking on this list.

I did one more test and created the jar by signtool's -Z option instead
of signing the tree and "zip" it afterwards and that worked. But
according to the documentation it should also be possible to zip a
signed tree instead of using signtool's feature.

Wolfgang