Frank Hecker wrote:
> I've filed a bug against myself (399214) to update the current Mozilla
> CA certificate policy to address the issue of "extended validation"
> certificates.

After thinking about it, I think it may be possible to do this just by
adding a final paragraph to section 6 of the current policy:

   In addition, if a CA wishes its certificate to be marked to note that
   Extended Validation certificates may be issued under the associated CA
   hierarchy then we require that the CA comply with the "Guidelines for
   the Issuance and Management of Extended Validation Certificates,
   Version 1.0" (as modified by the erratum published by the CAB Forum),
   and have its compliance attested to in accordance with the
   requirements of Section J of that document.

I've attached a proposed patch to this effect to bug 399214.

Your comments are welcome.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker