Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
> 1.) Is it possible to get a list of the currently active issuing
> intermediate CA certificates of each CA root *currently* for
> consideration? It would be interesting to know which of these issue EV,
> both or non-EV.

I *think* what you're looking for is in section 1.8 of the 3.0 version
of the CPS. That section lists the cert chains characteristic of
Comodo-issued (non-EV) end entity certificates, including issuing CAs
and the root CAs they chain up to. Section 1.8 of the Comodo EV CPS
contains the same type of information for EV certs. (By the way, I wish
more CAs would publish information like this.)

> 3.) Here a few questions in relation to the LiteSSL CPS:
>
>    * 1.12 states: "Because LiteSSL and LiteSSL Wildcard certificates
>      are not intended to be used in an e-commerce transaction or
>      environment, parties who rely on a LiteSSL or LiteSSL Wildcard
>      certificate do not qualify as a relying party." How can a relying
>      party NOT be a relying party? This is also confirmed under section
>      4.11.

Another data point: there's actually a LiteSSL Relying Party agreement:

   http://www.comodo.com/repository/docs/litessl_relying_party.html

which is referenced on the Comodo repository page:

   http://www.comodo.com/repository/

The LiteSSL relying party agreement is separate from the main Comodo
relying party agreement:

   http://www.comodo.com/repository/docs/relying_party.html

Also, LiteSSL is not included within the scope of the SSL Relying Party
Warranty:

   http://www.comodo.com/repository/docs/SSL_relying_party_warranty.html

Prior to hearing from Comodo on this point, my guess is that Comodo was
basically stating that LiteSSL certificates were not intended to be used
for sites conducting financial transactions ("e-commerce"), and should
not be relied on in that context. The intended purpose of the LiteSSL
certs was presumably for facilitating access to non-financial data,
e.g., for personal or small group sites. (I actually got a LiteSSL cert
for my www.hecker.org site at one point, for exactly this reason.)

Frank

--
Frank Hecker