Robin Alden:
> [Robin said...]
> Our main current objection to them is on grounds of maintaining a level
> commercial playing field among all CAs (in the Mozilla root program).

Robin, just for your knowledge that most if not all CAs which have roots
in NSS, are commercial CAs. Most, if not all CAs, don't perform the
practices your CA apparently does and which I view as a heightened risk.
That's also the reason why this issue has come up with your requests at
this time. Because of my involvement with the NSS team, I had the chance
to read enough CPSs from a wide range of CAs in order to positively
confirm that.

In that respect it's your CA which introduces an unfair balance in the
commercial playing field. But should I encourage now to have all other
CAs adopt your risky behavior? At various occasions you referred to your
commercial obligations, but what about your other obligations to the
industry and to the relying parties, Mozilla being one of them? Most, if
not all other CAs present in NSS, are aware of their responsibilities
and duties beyond the commercial aspect and your CA is in the very
minority! Lets maintain an even and fair level in every respect, which
would call out for your CA to adjust!

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390