Frank Hecker:
Note that there was an issue with DigiNotar's EV audit because at the time its production CA software did not have the necessary features to issue EV certificates; the software has since been upgraded and DigiNotar has since successfully issued EV certificates.
In relation to that and after reviewing the audit report I suggest to request from DigiNotar an updated audit report confirming current implementations and assertion. The audit report is from December 2006 covering a period before that. That was way before EV was approved final and before DigiNotar implemented and issued EV themselves. Since yearly re-auditing is a requirement of the EV guidelines (and also Microsoft requires that, supposed that their CA root is shipped with MS software), I expect this to be not an issue.

As a matter of fact, according to the EV criteria, DigiNotar must have a newer audit report already ready and I suggest to carefully review this issue. Should no re-audit have taken place, then DigiNotar is not conforming to the EV criteria and must not receive EV status in NSS.

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390