Bruce Keats wrote:
>     Don't forget that if you have host names in the Subject Alternative Name
>     extension, then ALL the names in the cert belong there, not all-but-one.
>     But This is no different than it was in FF2.
>
> I don't think I fully understand the "ALL the names" in this context.
> What might help me is if can you elaborate with a simple example?

I'll let Nelson or someone else provide the definitive answer to this,
but I believe what he's saying is that, e.g., if you have three
hostnames a.example.com, b.example.com, and c.example.com that are used
for a given server, and you use SubjAltName, you should put all three
names in the extension, as opposed to (e.g.) putting CN=a.example.com
and then just b.example.com and c.example.com in SubjAltName.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]