Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
Chris Hills wrote, On 2008-07-03 10:47:

From what I have read in this group, there is already some experimental code in NSS, but I have no idea as to its functionality or usability.

The files are in
http://lxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/nss/lib/ckfw/capi/
Work on that project stopped ~2.5 years ago.
You're welcome to try it.
I ran with this module for over a year, there is probably some memory leaks, but in general it worked well. This module maps existing CAPI modules into PKCS #11 (gives Firefox access to capi modules -- most notably *THE* capi module (microsoft cert store).
My guess is that it does a good job at doing the things that it does,
but has limited functionality (doesn't do all the things you might like).
If you are looking for the reverse (use a PKCS #11 module with capi applications), then you want to look here:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/CoolKey#Windows_CSP

bob