Kyle Hamilton wrote, On 2008-07-03 19:51:
> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ssr&return=http%3A%2F%2Fpaypal-cgi-bin.s6.pl/?cgi-bin.webscrcmd=_login-run.webscrcmd=_account-run.DisputeTransactionID.2LC956793J776333Y
>
> This is a valid PayPal URL that issues a redirect to an external site,
> which just happens (at this moment) to spoof the PayPal layout.

It doesn't even trigger any kind of a phishy site warning.

> Is there any provision anywhere for a "you are leaving an EV site to
> go to a non-EV SSL site or an unencrypted site" kind of warning?

I think that's a great question.  I think the answers are:

- there is a message for encrypted->unencrypted transition, but it's off by
default and you have to know how to use about:config to turn it on

- there's no EV->nonEV https transition message

> And if this isn't the best place for this kind of discussion, is there a
> discussion group/list/newsgroup that would be better?

I think the person you need to engage is Johnathan Nightingale.
I suggest cross posting to both this group mozilla.dev.tech.crypto and
also to mozilla.dev.security.  Maybe even to mozilla.dev.apps.Firefox.

/Nelson