Jean-Marc Desperrier:
The pratical result of inconvenience is a threshold level that depends of two factor : the inconvenience and the perceived threat.

I agree with every word you said in this mail! Risk assessment is important! I believe that we just don't agree (yet) where to draw the line. But if we believe that we should get to the point to prevent users from clicking through errors (because of the risk involved) than we are very close already. Implementation proposals may vary, but I think that with providing better security for the AVERAGE user, overall usability of the Internet will improve and facilitate more business on the Internet in every respect (not only financial transactions, but getting applications from the OS to the Internet and many other conveniences.

Therefore, the current inconvenience will be balanced by far greater gains in other fields, making it a great investment instead a burden.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org