Initially I posted this on another support forum, but was kindly
requested to post here instead:

I have created a X.509 v3 client certificate using OpenSSL.

The CN and OU field contain UTF8 characters, in this case Thai
characters for testing purposes.

When I import this certificate into the Windows certificate store it
shows all fields correctly, ie I can actually see the Thai characters
I used.

However when I import the certificate into Firefox (3.04) and view the
certificate subject from Firefox (tools->options->advanced->view
certificates->view->details) then the UTF8 characters are not shown
correctly.

Serverside the certificate subject is interpreted correctly for
authentication purposes, when I use Firefox to go to a server to
authenticate against.

Does anybody know if there is a fix or perhaps an add-on for this,
since it appears to be a lack of UTF8 support in the browser.

For a screendump please refer to: http://www.vandersman.org/certstore.PNG

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Michael