Kyle Hamilton wrote:
Actually, the 'threat model' is more related to versioning (via
timestamp) than anything, and to ensure that no malware on my system
(I try to keep it malware-free, obviously, but I also know that just
because I don't think I've been hacked doesn't mean I haven't been)
modifies a local copy I make.

Ah, OK. Well, if signing PDF documents doesn't interfere with viewing them on non-Adobe software then I'm willing to have us consider doing it. Could you or someone else send me a sample signed PDF document via email? Since I'm running a Mac with VMware Fusion I can check it out on a variety of platforms with different PDF readers.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hec...@mozillafoundation.org