Ian G wrote:
> As far as I heard, the CABForum was also formed or inspired from a
> similar group of vendors (browsers) that got together at the invite of
> the Konqueror guy to talk about phishing one day ...

I'm fairly sure it wasn't at the invitation of the Konqueror guy (George
Staikos), but a CA-led initiative right at the very beginning. But my
memory could be failing me, or there could have been meetings I didn't
know about.

> Question for now:  is the CABForum still a closed group?

Depends what you mean by 'closed'. There are membership criteria, and
anyone who fits the criteria can be a member. See the bottom of this page:
http://www.cabforum.org/forum.html

Gerv