Eddy Nigg wrote:
According to Frank, he has reviewed the audit reports which isn't public. This might be a problem.

No, I previously posted about that. I don't like having a private audit report, but it was not SECOM Trust's fault (or even its auditor's fault, IIRC). The final issue from my point of view was verifying with the auditors that the report was indeed genuine, which Kathleen and Gen did. From my perspective there are no further issues preventing approval of SECOM Trust for inclusion.

Also because SecomTrust apparently doesn't use an OCSP responder and isn't required to do so for another year, Firefox has no way to check the certificates status. Firefox intends to treat such certificates as non-EV at least as I understood. This might be another problem.

As such there should be an answer in this respect in order to add the SecomTrust EV root or have them correct whatever needs to be corrected.

I've already discussed this with Johnathan, and IIRC we agreed to decouple the issue of approving EV CAs for inclusion and EV enabling (which is a policy issue) with the issue of how those CAs are handled for the purposes of the Firefox EV UI. I trust Johnathan, Kai, and others to make sensible technical decisions about how to handle EV CAs not yet supporting OCSP.

So I'm going to go ahead and formally approve SECOM Trust's request for inclusion and for EV enabling. Kathleen, could you post a summary to bug 394419 and then ping me for final approval?

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hec...@mozillafoundation.org