Realistically, the only way to describe this kind of thing to an
end-user is to bring up something -- in a language the user can
understand -- that explains what's going on with the connection.  My
current thinking is that this needs to be brought up for all
connections, not just connections that have something wrong with them
-- get users to understand what a "normal" connection to their bank or
Amazon or other e-commerce sites looks like, and inform them of the
problems (and Mozilla's recommendation that they not enter any
privileged information into the site) when something's amiss.

This requires, once again, changes to the chrome.

Where can the reports on the users' behavior with alternate interfaces
(by Gerv and/or by Johnathan) be found?  (I'm most interested in
looking at the testing methodology, interface design methodology,
interface description/mock-up, sample size, sample constituency, user
actions taken, and how user actions taken were interpreted.)

-Kyle H