Hi Arun,
You can follow the code in PSM that displays the server certificate when you double-click on the lock icon in the status-bar :
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/base/content/pageinfo/security.js#119
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/base/content/pageinfo/security.js#189
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/base/content/pageinfo/security.js#242
--
Subrata

arungene...@gmail.com wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:09 pm, Nelson B Bolyard <nel...@bolyard.me> wrote:
arungene...@gmail.com wrote, On 2009-03-20 02:46:

   I need to fetch the server certificate from an authenticated SSL
session in firefox. I have some amount of experience in XPCOM and NSS.
Just thought that NSS might help me in this and the following
functions would be of use to me:
CERTCertificate *SSL_PeerCertificate(PRFileDesc *fd)
CERTCertificate *SSL_LocalCertificate(PRFileDesc *fd)
But this needs PRFileDesc and how to use this functions ? Also I
need to fetch the file descriptors of an already existing connection,
in this case.
Is there any other possible way to do this ?
In what language are you writing this code?
Xul?
JavaScipt?
C++

With what browser object(s) is the desired connection associated?
In other words, what have you already got that might lead you to the
right connection/FD ?
To put it yet another way, suppose you could get access to a table of
all open FDs.  (I'm not saying that's possible, but just suppose)
how would you determine which FD is the one you want?

Could be either of those, preferably C++ and I want to do the same in
firefox.
Yes, ofcourse I do understand that associating an already open
connection is not possible.

But the how can we fetch the SSL server certificate from an already
authenticated session ?
Is there any hooks available with XPCOM and NSS ?

regards,
Arun