Martin Paljak wrote:
> FYI, OpenSC project [1] has a "fork" of the PKCS#11 headers [2].

Yes, I read the discussion about that and it also seems iffy. If Mozilla
already has explicit permission to distribute them under the LGPL/GPL/MPL
then that works much better.

> At the same time, isn't GCM only present in the latest 2.30 draft?

Yes. And, actually, I think I found a problem with the GCM interface that
seems to make it impossible to use the PKCS#11 interface in a
FIPS-140-compliant manner. In particular, NIST SP800-38D requires that the
IV for the GCM mode be generated and maintained within the cryptographic
boundary, and I think this require conflicts with the draft PKCS#11
interface. I hope to write about it next week.

Regards,
Brian