On 2010/09/07 17:08 PDT, tedx wrote:
>  I've hacked up something to try but I've now encountered a
> compilation error that I don't understand. Has anyone else seen this?

> nss_signing.c: In function ‘spl_nssVerifySignature’:
> nss_signing.c:172: error: storage size of ‘vfy_context’ isn’t known
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> nss_signing.c:172: error: unused variable ‘vfy_context’

I suggest you change your warning settings, so that warnings are no
longer treated as errors.

NSS's type VFYContext is an opaque type.  see
http://mxr.mozilla.org/security/ident?i=VFYContext

You can never declare an instance of it.  You can only declare a pointer
to it.  You get a pointer to it by calling one of the VFY_CreateContext
variants.  You destroy it by calling VFY_DestroyContext.  You never get
to see what's inside it, or know how big it is.

It appears that you tried to declare a VFYContext variable instance,
which was an error, but then you didn't use it, which was also an error.
The simplest solution is to get rid of it. :)