On 10/13/2011 10:23 PM, Walter Goulet wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has recently built a version of NSS on Windows
per the instructions on the NSS build pages (http://www.mozilla.org/
projects/security/pki/nss/nss-3.7.7/nss-3.7.7-build.html)? I've run
into problems building NSS using both MozillaBuild and Netscape
wintools (although I can build nspr just fine).

I'll dig in and try to figure out exactly what's causing the builds to
fail at some point, but for now I'm using an older binary of NSS
3.7.7.

Thanks,
Walter

Yep, I was able to build nss-3.12.8-with-nspr-4.8.6 source tar ball with MozillaBuild using msvc 9 prompt on Windows 7. I have also installed Windows SDK 7 as instructed on the build prerequisites for the whole mozilla tree build (see [1]). Probably you should go by those instructions first. I have set OS_TARGET=WINNT (AFAIR) and ran 'make nss_build_all' from the nss dir.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Windows_Build_Prerequisites

-hb-