Hi Kai,

Good to see you stick around in the Mozilla crypto world .
Are there big projects coming up in NSS land ? Or did somebody leave the project ?

Thanks,
Julien

On 12/13/2012 08:10, Kai Engert wrote:
Brendan Eich suggested posting to this list, too
(already posted yesterday to Mozilla's dev-planning list).

Hello Mozilla, I'd like to announce a change.

PSM is the name of Mozilla's glue code for PKI related [1] security
features, such as certificate management, web based certificate
enrollment, tracking the security state of web pages (padlock/EV),
application preferences for certificate validation,
SSL error reporting, handling of certificate exceptions,
user interface for SSL client authentication, etc.

After having contributed to this module for over 11 years,
it's time for me to step down from the PSM module ownership role.

The new module owner of PSM will be Brian Smith.

I've switched my main focus to the NSS security libraries [2],
and to PKI features across Linux applications in general.

PSM operates on top of NSS, thereby I'll continue to indirectly
contribute to Mozilla's projects.

I'd like to thank the people who have contributed to the PSM module
over time, and I'd like to thank my employer Red Hat, Inc., which has
allowed me to make PSM a priority during the previous 7 years and
continues to support my work on NSS.

Regards
Kai

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_key_infrastructure