On 7/26/13 11:15 PM, jeffwang....@gmail.com wrote:
Because: The Mainland's people know,the CNNIC is a branch unit of Chinese Acadmy of
Science,a ministerial level government organization of the Central Government of
China,name as "The State Council of the people's Republic of China"
So:CNNIC is not a NGO as Liu Yan's saying.
Because:CNNIC is controlled by The State Council of the people's Republic of
China
So: "CNNIC ROOT" CA is not trusted by The people in the mainland,so do I.
So:"CNNIC ROOT" could be used on the bad ways,such as:steal the password by
forge a cert on G*r*e*a*t*F*i*r*e*W*a*l*l,etc.
So:plz del the "CNNIC ROOT" from NSS for usr safety!

This has been discussed extensively in the mozilla.dev.security.policy forum.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/xx8iuyLPdQk/JZtNE0GgucMJ

We recently added policy to help deter against CAs being compelled (e.g. by their government) to mis-issue certificates -- see item #3 of
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/policy/EnforcementPolicy.html
While Mozilla’s policy already stated that Mozilla may take any steps we deem appropriate to protect our users, the additional policy clarifies that knowing or intentionally mis-issuing a certificate may result in disablement or removal of all of the CA's certificates from NSS.

To date, we have not found evidence of CNNIC behaving badly as a CA.
If it is found that CNNIC (or any other CA) has knowingly or intentionally mis-issued a certificate, then that will be grounds for removing their root certs from NSS.

As with all included CA root certificates, users may over-ride the default root certificate settings and turn off the trust bits, as described here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:UserCertDB#Changing_Root_Certificate_Trust_Bit_Settings

Kathleen