*Hi all*

Before starting, I'll to apologize for any incorrect grammar or typo I
could do. I'm not a native and I'm trying my best.

Altough I think most of us agree that *"The era of Java Applets" must end*,
after asking a few questions to WebCrypto WG, seems they dont share this
tought/they dont care much about users (doing electronic signature).

On my daily work, I have to deal with applets due to electronic signature.
I'm sure many other people feel the same sadness each time Java releases a
new (buggy) version of their JRE while Firefox blocks it and makes the user
get confused.

In the meantime, some people in this list suggested to drop window.crypto,
and seems that both, *Chrome and Firefox, are going to drop NPAPI support
in a near future*, so people like me have a seriuos problem coming. Some
colleagues have told me Firefox extensions broke quite often, due to
changes on Firefox...and seems they are only for Firefox, not Chrome.

At this point, I'm raising my voice and I say: WE NEED A SOLUTION FOR
CLIENT CRYPTOGRAPHIC OPERATIONS.
Probably we are only a few having this need, but I think we shall be heard.

I have readed a few times Anders proposal about SKS and key provisioning,
and think its great, but what user need (in a short term) is an alternative
for Applets, while continue using their smartcards (or whatever technology
they are using). SKS it's a complete new thinking, much better and probably
the best one, but we can't stop supporting today's hardware.

*I'll like to ask Mozilla if they are open to discuss and develop a simple
API to let users be able to sign using theis keystores from Javascript*. If
open, we should do it NOW.
Something similar to Webcrypto should work, but having user keys in mind.

Please, Mr. Mozilla, don't let this thread unanswered.

Regards.