SHA-256 was added in NSS 3.8 , according to :

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

On 11/18/2013 07:00, Gervase Markham wrote:
Hi everyone,

Following Microsoft's announcement re: SHA-1, some CAs are asking
browser and OS vendors about the ubiquity of SHA-256 support. It would
be a help to them if we could say:

- Which version of NSS first supported SHA-256
- Which versions of Mozilla/Firefox/SeaMonkey/Thunderbird that translates to

They can use the NSS version number info to work out the answer for
other NSS-using applications.

Is anyone from the NSS team able to easily provide that info? I could go
repo and Bugzilla-mining, but I'd be worried about making a mistake.

Gerv