> For example, your disk encryption keys are held decrypted in
> memory, otherwise your computer would not be able to to read/write the
> disk.

I'm aware of this problem and have made some time ago a feature request for
XScreenSaver to support clearing of such keys on screen locking (I also have
made such a feature request to Firefox a few days ago).

> If you use user agents (gpg-agent or ssh-agent), they often
> typically cache decrypted keys for some interval after successful
> authentication so you don't have to type your passphrase every time.

I'm not using such agents but I will keep this in mind if I'm using them in the
future.

> Sorry, I do not know. Use the source, Luke!

This could be difficult for users who are not familiar with the Firefox
sourcecode.