On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:40 AM, David Woodhouse <dw...@infradead.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 11:21 -0700, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
>> It's not simply sufficient to load module X into Chrome or not. p11-kit's
>> security model is *broken* for applications like Chrome, at least with
>> respect to how you propose to implement.
>
> I've proposed at least four different options and asked for opinions
> on which might be better and how to refine them; let's not get too
> hung up on "how I propose to implement".

How about an even simpler solution?   Don't have p11-kit load the
PKCS#11 modules, just provide a list of paths and let the application
pass those to NSS.  That way the application can choose to
transparently load modules without user interaction, offer a UI option
for "load system modules", or provide a pick list of module to load.