Dear all,

I have obtained numerical certificates of national certification
authority in Czech Republic (ICA).

1/ I have imported the certificate into Mozilla Thunderbird > Account
Settings > Security > Digital Signing.
- It shows Software Security Device:TwinsQS 10/07/2015.
- Digitally sign messages (by default) is ticked.

In Certificates > View Certificates, I obtain "Your certificates". I
click on my certificate, and read:
"General > This certificate has been verified for the following uses:
SSL client certificate,
SSL server certificate,
Email Signer certificate,
Object Signer. "

However, Mozilla Thunderbird > Account Settings > Security > Encryption
is greyed.
Clicking on "Select..." leads to error message
"Certificate Manager can't locate a valid certificate that other people
can use to send you encrypted email messages."

2/ If I send a new email to a coworker also working with Thunderbird on
Linux, (or another on Outlook on Windows), he obtains :
Email is signed. Signature is valid.

However, my computational center want to send me a password by using my
certificate to encrypt their email. Problem is that they don't have the
file for this. Which file should I send them ? Which file format should
I send ? I have too many formats existing. DER, CER, PFX, P7C, PK7, CRT...
- Why Thunderbird cannot import my certificate to encrypt emails ? That
would solve my issue.
- Why is there no option to attach my key into Thunderbird ? It is
present in OpenPGP but I would like to use S/MIME without this OpenPGP.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Thibault

Upozorneni: Neni-li v teto zprave vyslovne uvedeno jinak, neni tato e-mailova
zprava navrhem na uzavreni smlouvy ani prijetim pripadneho navrhu na uzavreni
smlouvy a nezaklada predsmluvni odpovednost FZU AV CR, v. v. i.
Disclaimer: If not expressly stated otherwise, this e-mail message cannot be
considered as a proposal to conclude a contract, neither the acceptance of a
proposal to conclude a contract, nor does it create any pre-contractual
liability on the part of FZU AV CR, v. v. i.