Hi Merlin

Google is full of references and examples if you look for something like
"java NSS"

Anyhow, to use a certificate stores on Windows Keystore you have to use
MSCAPI provider ("How to java mscapi")
If you want to use a certificate stored on NSS (Firefox/Thunderbird) or a
pkcs#11 token, then you should use SunPKCS11 provider.

Oracle documentation has examples for both of them ;)