You should probably try to detect this at runtime.
At compile time you can simply check if SEC_OID_CURVE25519 exists and fail
(or do something else) if it doesn't.

At runtime you could try using SEC_OID_CURVE25519 (with your own define to
355) and have a fallback if NSS gives you an error on using it.