On 23.11.18 12:58, Martin Büchler wrote:
> That is exactly what I am looking for: Where are the certificate requirements
> specified other than in TB source code? I then would like to instruct our PKI
> to add/change missing extensions, fields, or anticipated X500 name formats.

I agree it would be useful to have this kind of documentation, like a
wiki page.

In your case, your certificate is apparently missing the
  "Certificate Basic Constraints"
extension, which makes it clear if a certificate is a CA, or not a CA.

Could you try adding it? (With CA: false)

I think NSS is unwilling to accept certificates without that statement,
as in the past, as a missing extension was used to trick software into
assuming a certificate could be used as a CA.

BTW, you aren't subscribed to this list, which causes your messages to
get stuck in the moderation queue, until someone reviews that queue. I
didn't see your message until today.

Kai