On 2/13/14, 12:18 PM, Steve Fink wrote:
Sounds like the sticking point is finding someone who will agree to
keep them alive. There's no point in turning them on if they're going
to be broken for weeks/months at a stretch.

This can be mitigated as per Valgrind by having per-commit builds as well as the build running on all important branches (fx-team, inbound, try, etc.) Sheriffs can back out changes which break the shell build.

  From skimming the discussion, one thing that's unclear to me is if
we're talking about Windows shell builds, or Windows shell builds with
warnings-as-errors. I would guess the latter is what causes most of the
maintenance overhead?

I at least would like the former.

I suspect some folks would like the latter (warnings-as-errors), but that's up for discussion because there's also differing viewpoints. This could be a separate discussion.

-Gary