On May 18, 12:11 pm, Todd <tpatc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to pass an object that has a restrictive interface, so
> that the JavaScript can only modify certain parameters on the java
> class.  What I am finding is that even though I am passing the object
> as its interface, the script is treating it as the actual object.  Is
> there a way to pass it as the interface type?

I'm just getting started with Rhino and will be doing something
similar. I _think_ that because JS has no concept of interfaces it
will always see the object, not the interface. I _think_ you'll need
facade objects (wrapping the target objects) that have only the
methods you want to expose to JS and pass those calls on to the target
objects.

I have no idea if this is correct, so I'm waiting for someone else to
chime in here :>  I'll be going this direction unless I hear there is
a better way!

Chris