+1

I remember kind of having this discussion in June because I wanted to be
able to run the minicluster as a single node accumulo using the start
package.

I like this approach better. 1.6.0 provides a main method for firing up the
minicluster and having the dependencies in the pom will allow developers to
fire it up without needing Hadoop/Zookeeper installed.

ACCUMULO-1405 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1405>