What prevents the owners of the system from doing this in their own table?
Keeping track of that information is a use case of Accumulo. I think this
may be an example of external code that the user must install. Placing the
onus on the consumer mitigates concern that Mike "Mike" Drob and others may
have .

A new role wouldn't be needed if permissions were placed on the
user/table/namespace that stored this information, correct?