Re #1: You don't actually need to do this unless you've disallowed anonymous connections to Zookeeper. Anonymous access to ZK is sufficient for Accumulo clients.

Have you made any effort to find existing code in the Accumulo repository? For example [1].

The KerberosToken is nothing other than a thin object which is ultimately stating that Kerberos credentials are intended to be used for authentication. Accumulo provides no API for the acquisition or local storage of those credentials -- thus, it's not suitable that Accumulo provides API to do this.

[1] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/f81a8ec7410e789d11941351d5899b8894c6a322/test/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/functional/KerberosIT.java#L158-L177