Recently Mike and I have made some performance improvements.  We made
these to 1.7 and 1.8 branches.  I am thinking of reverting these
changes in the 1.7 branch and keeping them in the 1.8 branch.  My
thinking is that 1.7 is getting close to EOL, so lets keep it stable.
Mike is it ok if I revert your TableID changes in 1.7 branch when I
revert my changes?

I plan on continuing to make performance improvements to 1.8 and
master after doing the revert.  If anyone has any thoughts on making
changes like this in 1.8, please let me know.

Keith