From: Tony Kurc [mailto:tk...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:57 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] tracing framework updates

I have some experience with opentracing, and it definitely seems promising,
however, potentially promising in the same way htrace was... That being said, I
did a cursory thought exercise of what it would take to do a swap of the
current tracing in accumulo to opentracing, and I didn't come across any hard
problems, meaning it could be a fairly straightforward refactor. I was hoping
to explore the community a bit more at some upcoming conferences