Yea, I was thinking just a mention to see the release notes in the NOTICE
section.  Although you could just link to
https://accumulo.apache.org/docs/2.0/administration/upgrading which is
where the release notes point.  With the 1.8.1 release, we moved toward
putting upgrade instructions in the release notes (
http://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.8.1/#upgrading), but it looks
like we are moving back to dedicated page.