I feel like trying to put the Jenkinsfile in a separate branch might cause more headache than it's worth.

Happen to stumble on AW's write-up on a similar subject? https://effectivemachines.com/2019/01/24/using-apache-yetus-with-jenkins-and-github-part-1/

On 2/5/19 2:35 PM, Michael Wall wrote:
I think I see a path forward using a Jenkinsfile.  Please comment on this
plan if something doesn't make sense or someone does not agree.

1 - Create a new branch off master called jenkinsfile or such and add a
jenkinsfile that runs only unit tests but does it in docker.
2 - Create a new job on jenkins.revelc.net that only builds that branch
3 - Iterate on the jenkinsfile until it works cleanly
4 - Reconfigure the Accumulo-Master job on builds.apache.org to use the
Jenkinsfile

 From there it will hopefully make sense about what to do next.  Maybe a
Jenkinsfile-IT or something.

Christopher, looks like I already have permission on jenkins.revelc.net to
make jobs.

Thanks

Mike