From: Christopher [mailto:ctubb...@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:07 PM
To: accumulo-dev <dev@accumulo.apache.org>
Subject: 2.0.0 home stretch

Devs,

I just spent quite a bit of my weekend getting the 2.0 branch to build without
failures using either JDK 8 or JDK 11, to make it easier for folks to build and
run the 2.0 release candidates.
(Lots of tiny errors, like javadocs, broken assumptions about garbage
collection in our test code, broken classloader hierarchy assumptions, and
spotbugs issues).

It was quite a bit of work, but I am happy to say that I've finally got 2.0
building well enough to test with on either JDK.

I would like to get started doing release candidates for 2.0.0. I think the
only thing holding things up now is:

* Two open pull requests against the 2.0 branch,
* One potential bug to watch out for in testing (or close, if it can't be
reproduced), and
* (Most importantly) enthusiasm for release from the community (it's been
pretty quiet in response to my previous TEST RC, so I don't know where people
are at in terms of their readiness for voting on a real release candidate).

The 2.0.0 project board can be seen here if you want to help with one of the
remaining tasks, or if you identify any new things that needs done for 2.0.0:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/projects/9
Otherwise, feel free to comment here to indicate your readiness for releasing
2.0.0.

Cheers,

Christopher