+1

Regards
JB

On 06/15/2015 03:28 PM, tmy...@wellsfargo.com wrote:
I would also like to see ActiveMQ support JMS 2.0.  I have run into an issue
integrating ActiveMQ with WebSphereMQ related to JMS 2.0.  The latest
WebSphereMQ client libraries version 8.0.0.2 are JMS 2.0 compliant.  The
8.0.02 version addresses security vulnerabilities and provides support for
TLS CipherSuites.  However, due to ActiveMQ not supporting JMS 2.0, I have
not found a way to implement a Camel route between ActiveMQ and WebSphereMQ
that makes use of the stronger ciphersuites.

The solution for now is to wait for IBM to release the equivalent JMS 1.1
compliant 7.5.0.6 client libraries in the next couple of months.  However,
it sounds like WebSphereMQ/ActiveMQ integration might be difficult unless
ActiveMQ supports JMS 2.0 in the future.

mickhayes wrote
Hi Uli,

I support that it would be great for ActiveMQ to handle 2.0 sooner rather
than later.

OpenMQ, for sure, is the reference implementation for JSR 343 (JMS 2.0),
so of course it supports JMS 2.0.

On HornetQ: yes support is in since 2.4.0Final, but HornetQ and ActiveMQ
are
*
quite different products
*
.

You can see that since July 2012, JBoss has accquired FUSEsource, but
still keeps both JBoss AM-Q and HornetQ.

There are other reasons that people will chose ActiveMQ (or JBoss AMQ)
over HornetQ apart from the JMS 2.0 support.

/MH