We have an instance of activeMQ having queues that have consumers running on
multiple Tomcat servers.

For each queue associated with the various servers except one, there is one
consumer showing in the ActiveMQ admin for it's related queue.

The exception is one queue is showing up as having 2 instances of the
consumer running. The only difference in this server versus the other server
consumers is that this instance is being restarted at least once an hour as
it is our dev environment. Our best guess at this point is that ActiveMQ is
caching one of the consumers and during frequent restarts of Tomcat one is
hanging.

The effect is this queue with 2 consumers is blocked as the rogue consumer
is intercepting messages.

Any ideas on getting around this? How can we ensure ActiveMQ is clearing
it's cache when restarting and not persisting old consumers?

Thanks