Hi Antoine,

We try to ensure there's a JIRA for each commit (unless it's a trivial
change), the JIRA number is usually added at the beginning of every commit
message, you can see the git log for examples of this.

To get started we have a hacking guide with some information:
https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.4.0/hacking-guide/

The PR looks good, so I'm not sure what's caused the tests to time out,
this does happens from time to time, I've restarted it.

Thanks
Martyn