Github user jbertram commented on the issue:
    The whole masking/hashing process still seems like a bit of a jumble to me.
 To mask a password there's a raw Java command (e.g. "java -cp <classPath>
<password-to-encode>") and then there's a new command you've added to hash a
password.  I think it would provide a much better user experience to unify
both, if possible.

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.