Github user jostbg commented on the issue:

    I created the ARTEMIS issue as a followup to this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1582. We actually have the
use-case that for certain namespaces we want to dictate all properties of
auto-created addresses/queues on the server-side. So the effective settings
should not be guessed based on how a particular client tries to subscribes to a
queue or sends a message to an address but based on a server side
specification. The same way you can pre-create a queue and define it as
non-durable. We need auto-created queues under certain namespaces to be
non-durable no matter what one specific client tries to do. The reason is we
only run the broker and do not control all the clients used by the different
teams.

---